New Features and Improvements:
BUG-1564838] The advance Enter Key Handler
is now being introduced. It gives you complete freedom to configure the editor to
generate <p>, <div> or <br> when the user uses
both the [Enter] and [Shift]+[Enter] keys. The new "EnterMode" and "ShiftEnterMode"
settings can be use to control its behavior. It also guarantees that all browsers
will generate the same output.
- The new and powerful Keyboard Accelerator System is being introduced.
You can now precisely control the commands to execute when some key combinations
are activated by the user. It guarantees that all browsers will have the same behavior
regarding the shortcuts.
It also makes it possible to remove buttons from the toolbar and still invoke their
features by using the keyboard instead.
It also blocks all default "CTRL based shortcuts" imposed by the browsers, so if
you don't want users to underline text, just remove the CTRL+U combination from
the keystrokes table. Take a look at the FCKConfig.Keystrokes setting in the fckconfig.js
- The new "ProtectedTags" configuration option is being introduced.
It will accept a list of tags (separated by a pipe "|"), which will have no effect
during editing, but will still be part of the document DOM. This can be used mainly
for non HTML standard, custom tags.
- Dialog box commands can now open resizable dialogs (by setting oCommand.Resizable
- Updated support for AFP. Thanks to Soenke Freitag.
- New language file:
- Afrikaans (by Willem Petrus Botha).
Patch-1456343] New sample file showing how to dynamically exchange a textarea
and an instance of FCKeditor. Thanks to Finn Hakansson
Feature-949144] The content of anchors are shown and preserved
on creation. *
Feature-1587175] Local links to an anchor are readjusted if the anchor changes.
Patch-1500040] New configuration values to specify the Id and Class for the
Patch-1577202] The links created with the popup option now are accessible even
BUG-1578312] The Paste from Word clean up function can be configured
with FCKConfig.CleanWordKeepsStructure to preserve the markup as much as possible.
Thanks Jean-Charles ROGEZ.
Patch-1472654] The server side script location for SpellerPages can now be set
in the configuration file, by using the SpellerPagesServerScript setting.
- Attention: All connectors are now pointing by
default to the "/userfiles/" folder instead of "/UserFiles/" (case change). Also,
the inner folders for each type (file, image, flash and media) are all lower-cased
- Attention: The UseBROnCarriageReturn configuration
is not anymore valid. The EnterMode setting can now be used to precisely set the
enter key behavior.
BUG-1274364] Shortcut keys are now undoable correctly.
BUG-1015230] Toolbar buttons now update their state on shortcut keys activation.
BUG-1485621] It is now possible to precisely control which shortcut keys can
BUG-1593323] Paste was not working in IE if both AutoDetectPasteFromWord
and ForcePasteAsPlainText settings were set to "false".
BUG-1578306] The context menu was wrongly positioned if the editing document
was set to render in strict mode. Thanks to Alfonso Martinez.
BUG-1440631] IE was getting locked on some specific cases. Fixed.
Patch-1579507] Firefox' spellchecker is now disabled during editing mode.
Thanks to Alfonso Martinez.
- Fixed Safari and Opera detection system (for development purposes only).
- Paste from Notepad was including font information in IE. Fixed.
BUG-1584092] When replacing text area, names with spaces are now accepted.
- Depending on the implementation of toolbar combos (mainly for custom plugins) the
editor area was loosing the focus when clicking in the combo label. Fixed.
BUG-1596937] InsertHtml() was inserting the HTML outside the editor area on
some very specific cases.
BUG-1585548] On very specific, rare and strange cases, the XHTML processor was
not working properly in IE. Fixed.
BUG-1437318] In Firefox, the style selector will not anymore delete
the contents when removing styles on specific cases.
BUG-1451071] The "Insert/Edit Link" and "Select All" buttons are now working
properly when the editor is running on a IE Modal dialog.
- On some very rare cases, IE was throwing a memory error when hiding the context
BUG-1509208] With Firefox, <style> tags defined in the source are
BUG-1535946] The IE dialog system has been changed to better work with custom
BUG-1599520] The table dialog was producing empty tags when leaving some of
its fields empty.
BUG-1599545] HTML entities are now processed on attribute values too.
BUG-1598517] Meta tags are now protected from execution during editing (avoiding
the "redirect" meta to be activated).
BUG-1415601] Firefox internals: styleWithCSS is used instead of the deprecated
useCSS whenever possible.
in "camelCase"). This may have impact on plugins that use any of those functions.
BUG-1592311] Operations in the caption of tables are now working correctly in
- Small interface fixes to the about box.
BUG-1604301] Link creation failed in Firefox 3 alpha. Thanks to Arpad Borsos
BUG-1577247] Unneeded call to captureEvents and releaseEvents.
BUG-1610790] On some specific situations, the call to form.submit(), in form
were FCKeditor has been unloaded by code, was throwing the "Can't execute code from
a freed script" error.
BUG-1613167] If the configuration was missing the FCKConfig.AdditionalNumericEntities
entry an error appeared.
BUG-1559466] The ol/ul list property window always searched first for a UL element.
BUG-1516008] Class attribute in IE wasn't loaded in the image dialog.
- The "OnAfterSetHTML" event is now fired when being/switching to Source View.
BUG-1631807] Elements' style properties are now forced to lowercase in IE.
- The extensions "html", "htm" and "asis" have been added to the list of denied extensions
- Empty inline elements (like span and strong) will not be generated any more.
- Some elements attributes (like hspace) where not being retrieved when set to "0".
BUG-1508341] Fix for the ColdFusion script file of SpellerPages.
* This version has been partially sponsored by Medical
New Features and Improvements:
- The project has been relicensed under the terms of the
GPL / LGPL / MPL licenses. This change will remove many licensing compatibility
issues with other open source licenses, making the editor even more "open" than
- Attention: The default directory in the distribution
package is now named "fckeditor" (in lowercase) instead of "FCKeditor". This
change may impact installations on case sensitive OSs, like Linux.
- Attention: The "Universal Keyboard"
has been removed from the package. The license of those files was unclear so they
can't be included alongside the rest of FCKeditor.
New Features and Improvements:
- Users can now decide if the template dialog will replace the entire contents of
the editor or simply place the template in the cursor position. This feature can
be controlled by the "TemplateReplaceAll" and "TemplateReplaceCheckbox" configuration
Patch-1237693] A new configuration option (ProcessNumericEntities)
is now available to tell the editor to convert non ASCII chars to their relative
numeric entity references. It is disabled by default.
- The new "AdditionalNumericEntities" setting makes it possible to
define a set of characters to be transformed to their relative numeric entities.
This is useful when you don't want the code to have simple quotes ('), for example.
- The Norwegian language file (no.js) has been duplicated to include the Norwegian
Bokmal (nb.js) in the supported interface languages. Thanks to Martin Kronstad.
- Two new patterns have been added to the Universal Keyboard:
- Persian. Thanks to Pooyan Mahdavi
- Portuguese. Thanks to Bo Brandt.
Patch-1517322] It is now possible to define the start number on numbered lists.
Thanks to Marcel Bennett.
- The Font Format combo will now reflect the EditorAreaCSS styles.
Patch-1461539] The File Browser connector can now optionally return a "url"
attribute for the files. Thanks to Pent.
BUG-1090851] The new "ToolbarComboPreviewCSS" configuration option has been
created, so it is possible to point the Style and Format toolbar combos to a different
CSS, avoiding conflicts with the editor area CSS.
BUG-1489402] It is now possible to configure the Quick Uploder target path
to consider the file type (ex: Image or File) in the target path for uploads.
- The "CreateHtml()" function in the FCKeditor object, used to retrieve the HTML of
an editor instance, instead of writing it directly to the page (as done by "Create()").
- The global "FCKeditor_IsCompatibleBrowser()" function, which tells if the executing
browser is compatible with FCKeditor. This makes it possible to do any necessary
processing depending on the compatibility, without having to create and editor instance.
BUG-1500050] All event attributes (like onclick or onmouseover) are now
being protected before loading the editor. In this way, we avoid firing those events
during editing (IE issue) and they don't interfere in other specific processors
in the editor.
- Small security fixes to the File Browser connectors.
BUG-1546226] Small fix to the ColdFusion CFC integration file.
Patch-1407500] The Word Cleanup function was breaking the HTML on pasting, on
very specific cases. Fixed, thanks to Frode E. Moe.
BUG-1501698] Make FCKeditor work with application/xhtml+xml. Thanks
to Arpad Borsos.
BUG-1510685] Fixed problem with panels wrongly positioned when the
editor is placed on absolute or relative positioned elements. Thanks to Filipe Martins.
Patch-1511294] Small fix for the File Browser compatibility with IE 5.5.
Patch-1503178] Small improvement to stop IE from loading smiley images when
one smiley is quickly selected from a huge list of smileys. Thanks to stuckhere.
BUG-1549112] The Replace dialog window now escapes regular expression specific
characters in the find and replace fields.
BUG-1548788] Updated the ieSpell download URL.
- In FF, the editor was throwing an error when closing the window. Fixed.
BUG-1538509] The "type" attribute for text fields will always be set now.
BUG-1551734] The SetHTML function will now update the editing area height no
matter which editing mode is active.
BUG-1562134] The protection of URLs has been enhanced
and now it will not break URLs on very specific cases.
BUG-1490919] No security errors will be thrown when loading FCKeditor in
page inside a FRAME defined in a different domain.
BUG-1571345] Fixed the "undefined" addition to the content when ShowBorders
= false and FullPage = true in Firefox. Thanks to Brett.
BUG-1512798] BaseHref will now work well on FullPage, even if no <head>
BUG-1509923] The DocumentProcessor is now called when using InserHtml().
BUG-1505964] The DOCTYPE declaration is now preserved when working in FullPage.
BUG-1553727] The editor was throwing an error when inserting complex templates.
BUG-1562828] In IE, anchors where incorrectly copied when using the Paste
from Word button. Fixed, thanks to geirhelge.
BUG-1421810] The link dialog now validates Popup Window names.
BUG-1556878] Firefox was creating empty tags when deleting the selection in
some special cases.
- The context menu for links is now correctly shown when right-clicking on floating
BUG-1084404] The XHTML processor now ignores empty span tags.
BUG-1174503] The <abbr> tag is not anymore getting broken by IE.
BUG-1182906] IE is not anymore messing up mailto links.
BUG-1386094] Fixed an issue when setting configuration options to empty ('')
BUG-1389435] Fixed an issue in some dialog boxes when handling numeric inputs.
BUG-1398829] Some links may got broken on very specific cases. Fixed.
BUG-1409969] <noscript> tags now remain untouched by the editor.
BUG-1513631] Empty "href" attributes in <a> or empty "src" in <img>
will now be correctly preserved.
BUG-1435195] Scrollbars are now visible in the File Browser (for custom implementations).
BUG-1438296] The "ForceSimpleAmpersand" setting is now being honored in all
- If a popup blocker blocks context menu operations, the correct alert message is
BUG-1454116] The GetXHTML() function will not change the IsDirty() value of
- The spell check may not work correctly when using SpellerPages with ColdFusion.
BUG-1481861] HTML comments are now removed by the Word Cleanup System.
BUG-1489390] A few missing hard coded combo options used in some dialogs are
BUG-1505448] The Form dialog now retrieves the value of the "action" attribute
exactly as defined in the source.
Patch-1517322] Solved an issue when the toolbar has buttons with simple icons
(usually used by plugins) mixed with icons coming from a strip (the default toolbar
Patch-1575261] Some fields in the Table and Cell Properties dialogs were being
- Fixed a startup compatibility issue with Firefox 1.0.4.
BUG-1506126] Fixed the Catalan language file, which had been published with
problems in accented letters.
- More performance improvements in the default File Browser.
BUG-1506701] Fixed compatibility issues with IE 5.5.
BUG-1509073] Fixed the "Image Properties" dialog window, which was making invalid
calls to the "editor/dialog/" directory, generating error 400 entries in the web
BUG-1507953] The editing area was getting a fixed size when using the "SetHTML"
API command or even when switching back from the source view. Fixed.
BUG-1507755] Fixed a conflict between the "DisableObjectResizing" and "ShowBorders"
configuration options over IE.
- Opera 9 tries to "mimic" Gecko in the browser detection system of FCKeditor. As
this browser is not "yet" supported, the editor was broken on it. It has been fixed,
and now a textarea is displayed, as in any other unsupported browser. Support for
Opera is still experimental and can be activated by setting the property "EnableOpera"
- With Opera 9, the toolbar was jumping on buttons rollover.
BUG-1509479] The iframes used in Firefox for all editor panels (dropdown combos,
context menu, etc...) are now being placed right before the main iframe that holds
the editor. In this way, if the editor container element is removed from the DOM
(by DHTML) they are removed together with it.
BUG-1411430] The editor API now works well on DHTML pages that create and
remove instances of FCKeditor dynamically.
- A second call to a page with the editor was not working correctly with Firefox 1.0.x.
BUG-1511460] Small correction to the <script> protected source regex.
Thanks to Randall Severy.
BUG-1521754] Small fix to the paths of the internal CSS files used by FCKeditor.
Thanks to johnw_ceb.
BUG-1511442] The <base> tag is now correctly handled in IE, no matter
its position in the source code.
BUG-1507773] The "Lock" and "Reset" buttons in the Image Properties dialog window
are not anymore jumping with Firefox 1.5.
New Features and Improvements:
- The Toolbar Sharing system has been completed. See sample10.html
Patch-1407500] Small enhancement to the Find and Replace dialog windows.
- Small security fixes.
- The context menu system has been optimized. Nested menus now open "onmouseover".
- An error in the image preloader system was making the toolbar strip being downloaded
once for each button on slow connections. Some enhancements have also been made
so now the smaple05.html is loading fast for all skins.
- Fixed many memory leak
issues with IE.
BUG-1489768] The panels (context menus, toolbar combos and color selectors),
where being displayed in the wrong position if the contents of the editor, or its
containing window were scrolled down.
BUG-1493176] Using ASP, the connector was not working on servers with buffer
disable by default.
BUG-1491784] Language files have been updated to not include html entities.
BUG-1490259] No more security warning on IE over HTTPS.
BUG-1499708] We now assume that, if a user is in source editing, he/she
wants to control the HTML, so the editor doesn't make changes to it when posting
the form being in source view or when calling the GetXHTML function in the API.
BUG-1490610] The FitWindow is now working on elements set with relative position.
BUG-1493438] The "Word Wrap" combo in the cell properties dialog now accepts
only Yes/No (no more <Not Set> value).
- The context menu is now being hidden when a nested menu option is selected.
- Table cell context menu operations are now working correctly.
BUG-1494549] The code formatter was having problems with dollar signs inside
Patch-1459740] The "src" element of images can now be set by styles definitions.
Thanks to joelwreed.
Patch-1352385] Small fix to the FCK.InsertHtml, FCKTools.AppendStyleSheet
and FCKSelection.SelectNode functions over IE. Thanks to Alfonso Martinez.
Patch-1349765] Small fix to the FCKSelection.GetType over Firefox. Thanks to
Patch-1495422] The editor now creates link based on the URL when no selection
is available. Thanks to Dominik Pesch.
Patch-1478859] On some circumstances, the Yahoo popup blocker was blocking the
File Browser window, giving no feedback to the user. Now an alert message is displayed.
- When using the editor in a RTL localized interface, like Arabic, the toolbar combos
were not showing completely in the first click. Fixed.
BUG-1500212] All "_samples/html" samples are now working when loading directly
from the Windows Explorer. Thanks to Alfonso Martinez.
- The "FitWindow" feature was breaking the editor under Firefox 1.0.x.
Patch-1500032] In Firefox, the caret position now follows the user clicks when
clicking in the white area bellow the editor contents. Thanks to Alfonso Martinez.
BUG-1499522] In Firefox, the link dialog window was loosing the focus (and quickly
reacquiring it) when opening. This behavior was blocking the dialog in some Linux
- Drastically improved the loading performance of the file list in the default File
BUG-1503059] The default "BasePath" for FCKeditor in all integration files has
been now unified to "/fckeditor/" (lower-case). This is the usual casing system
in case sensitive OSs like Linux.
- The "DisableFFTableHandles" setting is now honored when switching the full screen
mode with FitWindow.
- Some fixes has been applied to the cell merging in Firefox.
* This version has been partially sponsored by Footsteps
Version 2.3 Beta
New Features and Improvements:
- Extremely Fast Loading! The editor now loads more than 3
times faster than before, with no impact on its advanced features.
- New toolbar system:
Feature-1454850] The toolbar will now load much faster. All
images have being merged in a single image file using a unique system available
only with FCKeditor.
- The "Text Color" and "Background Color" commands buttons have
enhancements on the interface.
- Attention: As a completely
new system has being developed. Skins created for versions prior this one will not
work. Skin styles definitions have being merged, added and removed. All skins have
been a little bit reviewed.
- It is possible to detach the toolbar from an editor instance and
share it with other instances. In this way you may have only one toolbar (in the
top of the window, for example, that can be used by many editors (see
sample10.html). This feature is still under development (issues with IE
focus still to be solved).*
- New context menu system:
- It uses the same (fast) loading system as the toolbar.
- Sub-Menus are now available to group features (try the context menu over a table
- It is now possible to create your own context menu entries by creating plugins.
- New "FitWindow" toolbar button, based on the
plugin published by Paul Moers. Thanks Paul!
- "Auto Grow" Plugin: automatically resizes the editor
until a maximum height, based on its contents size.**
Feature-1444943] Multiple CSS files can now be used in the
editing area. Just define FCKConfig.EditorAreaCSS as an array of strings (each one
is a path to a different css file). It works also as a simple string, as on prior
- New language files:
- Bengali / Bangla (by Richard Walledge).
- English (Canadian) (by Kevin Bennett).
- Khmer (by Sengtha Chay).
- The source view is now available in the editing area on Gecko browsers. Previously
a popup was used for it (due to a Firefox bug).
- As some people may prefer the popup way for source editing, a new configuration
option (SourcePopup) has being introduced.
- The IEForceVScroll configuration option has been removed. The editor now automatically
shows the vertical scrollbar when needed (for XHTML doctypes).
- The configuration file doesn't define a default DOCTYPE to be used now.
calling <EditorInstance>.ToolbarSet.Load( '<ToolbarName>' ). See _testcases/010.html
for a sample.
with all supported browsers.
- Some few updates in the Lasso connector and uploader.
- The GeckoUseSPAN setting is now set to "false" by default. In this way, the code
produced by the bold, italic and underline commands are the same on all browsers.
- Important security fixes have been applied to the File Manager, Uploader
and Connectors. Upgrade is highly recommended. Thanks to Alberto Moro,
Baudouin Lamourere and James Bercegay.
BUG-1249853] The "BaseHref" configuration is now working with
Firefox in both normal and full page modes.
BUG-1405263] A typo in the configuration file was impacting the Quick Upload
- Nested <ul> and <ol> tags are now generating valid html.
- The "wmode" and "quality" attributes are now preserved for Flash
embed tags, in case they are entered manually in the source view. Also, empty attributes
are removed from that tag.
- Tables where not being created correctly on Opera.
- The XHTML processor will ignore invalid tags with names ending with ":",
- On Firefox, the scrollbar is not anymore displayed on toolbar dropdown commands
when not needed.
- Some small fixes have being done to the dropdown commands rendering for FF.
- The table dialog window has been a little bit enlarged to avoid contents being cropped
on some languages, like Russian.
BUG-1465203] The ieSpell download URL has been updated. The problem is that
they don't have a fixed URL for it, so let's hope the mirror will be up for it.
BUG-1456332] Small fix in the Spanish language file.
BUG-1457078] The File Manager was generating 404 calls in the server.
BUG-1459846] Fixed a problem with the config file if PHP is set to parse .js
BUG-1432120] The "UserFilesAbsolutePath" setting is not correctly
used in the PHP uploader.
BUG-1408869] The collapse handler is now rendering correctly in Firefox 1.5.
BUG-1424240] The "moz-bindings.xml" file is now well formed.
BUG-1413980] All frameborder "yes/no" values have been changes to
BUG-1414101] The fake table borders are now showing correctly when running under
the "file://" protocol.
BUG-1414155] Small typo in the cell properties dialog window.
- Fixed a problem in the File Manager. It was not working well with folder or file
names with apostrophes ('). Thanks to René de Jong.
- Small "lenght" type corrected in the select dialog window. Thanks to Bernd Nussbaumer.
- The about box is now showing correctly in Firefox 1.5.
BUG-1155793] The "Unlink" command is now working correctly under Firefox
if you don't have a complete link selection. Thanks to Johnny Egeland.
- In the File Manager, it was not possible to upload files to folders with ampersands
in the name. Thanks to Mike Pone.
BUG-1178359] Elements from the toolbar are not anymore draggable in the editing
BUG-1487544] Fixed a small issue in the code formatter for <br /> and
<hr /> tags.
- The "Background Color" command now works correctly when the GeckoUseSPAN setting
is disabled (default).
- Links are now rendered in blue with Firefox (they were black before). Actually,
an entry for it has been added to the editing area CSS, so you can customize with
the color you prefer.
* This version has been partially sponsored by Footsteps
** This version has been partially sponsored by Nextide.
New Features and Improvements:
- Let's welcome Wim Lemmens (didgiman). He's our new responsible for the ColdFusion
integration. In this version we are introducing his new files with the following
- The "Uploader", used for quick uploads, is now available
natively for ColdFusion.
- Small bugs have been corrected in the File Browser connector.
- The samples now work as is, even if you don't install the editor in the "/FCKeditor"
- And a big welcome also to "Andrew Liu", our responsible for the
Python integration. This version is bringing native support for Python
, including the File Browser connector and Quick Upload.
- The "IsDirty()" and "ResetIsDirty()"
content has been changed.*
- New language files:
- Hindi (by Utkarshraj Atmaram)
- Latvian (by Janis Klavinš)
- For the interface, now we have complete RTL support also for
the drop-down toolbar commands, color selectors and context menu.
BUG-1277661] The new "Delete Table" command is available in the
Context Menu when right-clicking inside a table.
- The "FCKConfig.DisableTableHandles" configuration option is now working
on Firefox 1.5.
- The new "OnBlur" and "OnFocus"
- Attention: The "GetHTML"
function has been deprecated. It now returns the same value as "GetXHTML".
The same is valid for the "EnableXHTML" and "EnableSourceXHTML"
that have no effects now. The editor now works with XHTML output only.
- Attention: A new "PreserveSessionOnFileBrowser"
configuration option has been introduced. It makes it possible to set whenever is
needed to maintain the user session in the File Browser. It is disabled by default,
as it has very specific usage and may cause the File Browser to be blocked by popup
blockers. If you have custom File Browsers that depends on session information,
remember to activate it.
- Attention: The "fun"
smileys set has been removed from the package. If you are using it, you must manually
copy it to newer installations and upgrades.
- Attention: The "mcpuk"
file browser has been removed from the package. We have no ways to support it. There
were also some licensing issues with it. Its web site can still be found at
- It is now possible to set different CSS styles for the chars in the Special Chars
dialog window by adding the "SpecialCharsOut" and "SpecialCharsOver"
in the "fck_dialog.css" skin file.*
Patch-1268726] Added table "summary" support in the table dialog.
Thanks to Sebastien-Mahe.
Patch-1284380] It is now possible to define the icon of a FCKToolbarPanelButton
object without being tied to the skin path (just like FCKToolbarButton). Thanks
to Ian Sullivan.
Patch-1263009] New characters have been added to the "Special Characters"
dialog window. Thanks to Deian.
- You can set the QueryString value "fckdebug=true" to activate "debug
mode" in the editor (showing the debug window), overriding the configurations.
The "AllowQueryStringDebug" configuration option is also available so
you can disable this feature.
BUG-1246952] The URLs for links and
images are now correctly preserved as entered, no matter if you are using relative
or absolute paths.
BUG-1205638] The "Image" and "Flash" dialog windows
now loads the preview correctly if the "BaseHref" configuration option
BUG-1329807] The alert boxes are now showing correctly when doing cut/copy/paste
operations on Firefox installations when it is not possible to execute that operations
due to security settings.
- A new "Panel" system (used in the drop-dowm toolbar commands, color selectors
and context menu) has been developed. The following bugs have been fixed with it:
BUG-1186927] On IE, sometimes the context menu was being partially hidden.*
- On Firefox, the context menu was flashing in the wrong position before showing.
- On Firefox 1.5, the Color Selector was not working.
- On Firefox 1.5, the fonts in the panels were too big.
BUG-1200631] On Firefox, sometimes the context menu was being shown in the
BUG-1364094] Font families were
not being rendered correctly on Firefox .
BUG-1315954] No error is thrown when pasting some case specific code from editor
BUG-1341553] A small fix for a security alert in the File Browser has been
BUG-1323319] A message will be shown to the user (instead of a JS error) if
a "popup blocker" blocks the "Browser Server" button. Thanks
to Erwin Verdonk.
BUG-1370355] Anchor links that points to a single character anchor, like "#A",
are now correctly detected in the Link dialog window. Thanks to Ricky Casey.
BUG-1368998] Custom error processing has been added to the file upload on the
BUG-1207740] A message is shown to the user if a dialog box is blocked by
a popup blocker in Firefox.
BUG-1340960] The editor not works locally (without a web server) on directories
where the path contains spaces.
BUG-1357247] The editor now intercepts SHIFT + INS keystrokes when needed.
BUG-1328488] Attention: The Page
Break command now produces different tags to avoid XHTML compatibility
issues. Any Page Break previously applied to content produced with previous versions
of FCKeditor will not me rendered now, even if they will still be working correctly.
- It is now possible to allow cut/copy/past operations on Firefox using the user.js file.
BUG-1336792] A fix has been applied to the XHTML processor to allow tag names
with the "minus" char (-).
BUG-1339560] The editor now correctly removes the "selected" option
for checkboxes and radio buttons.
- The Table dialog box now selects the table correctly when right-clicking on objects
(like images) placed inside the table.
- Attention: A few changes have been
made in the skins. If you have a custom skin, it is recommended you to make a diff
of the fck_contextmenu.css file of the default skin with your implementation.
- Mouse select (marking things in blue, like selecting text) has been disabled
on panels (drop-down menu commands, color selector and context menu) and toolbar,
for both IE and Firefox.
- On Gecko, fake borders will not be applied to tables with the border attribute set
to more than 0, but placed inside tables with border set to 0.
BUG-1360717] A wrapping issue in the "Silver" skin has been corrected.
Thanks to Ricky Casey.
BUG-1251145] In IE, the focus is now maintained in the text when clicking in
the empty area following it.
BUG-1237791] The "Stylesheet Classes" field in the Link dialog
window in now applied correctly on IE. Thanks to Andrew Crowe.
- The "Past from Word" dialog windows is now showing correctly on Firefox
on some languages.
BUG-1241992] IE, when selecting objects (like images) and hitting the "Backspace"
button, the browser's "back" will not get executed anymore and the object
will be correctly deleted.
- The "AutoDetectPasteFromWord" is now working correctly in IE. Thanks to
Juan Ant. Gómez.
- A small enhancement has been made in the Word pasting detection. Thanks to Juan
BUG-1090686] No more conflict with Firefox "Type-Ahead Find" feature.
BUG-1155856] The "width" and "height" of images sized
using the inline handlers are now correctly loaded in the image dialog box.
BUG-1209093] When "Full Page Editing" is active, in the "Document
Properties" dialog, the "Browse Server" button for the page background
is now correctly hidden if "ImageBrowser" is set to "false"
in the configurations file. Thanks to Richard.
BUG-1186196] The editor now retains the focus when selecting commands in
BUG-1244480] The editor now will look first to linked fields "ids"
and second to "names".
BUG-1252905] The "InsertHtml" function now preserves URLs as entered.
BUG-1266317] Toolbar commands are not anymore executed outside the editor.
BUG-1365664] The "wrap=virtual" attribute has been removed from the
integration files for validation purposes. No big impact.
BUG-972193] Now just one click is needed to active the cursor inside the editor.
- The hidden fields used by the editor are now protected from changes using the "Web
Developer Add-On > Forms > Display Forms Details" extension. Thanks to
- On IE, the "Format" toolbar dropdown now reflects the current paragraph
type on IE. Because of a bug in the browser, it is quite dependent on the browser
language and the editor interface language (both must be the same). Also, as the
"Normal (DIV)" type is seen by IE as "Normal", to avoid confusion,
both types are ignored by this fix.
- On some very rare cases, IE was loosing the "align" attribute for DIV
BUG-1388799] The code formatter was removing spaces on the beginning of lines
inside PRE tags. Fixed.
BUG-1387135] No more "NaN" values in the image dialog, when changing
the sizes in some situations.
- Corrected a small type in the table handler.
- You can now set the "z-index" for floating panels (toolbar dropdowns,
color selectors, context menu) in Firefox, avoiding having them hidden under another
objects. By default it is set to 10,000. Use the FloatingPanelsZIndex configuration
option to change this value.
Special thanks to
Alfonso Martinez, who have provided many patches and suggestions for the
following features / fixes present in this version. I encourage all you to
donate to Alfonso, as a way to say thanks for his nice open source approach.
Thanks Alfonso!. Check out his contributions:
BUG-1208348] With Firefox, no more "fake" selections are appearing
when inserting images, tables, special chars or when using the "insertHtml"
Patch-1382588] The "FCKConfig.DisableImageHandles" configuration option
is not working on Firefox 1.5.
Patch-1368586] Some fixes have been applied to the Flash dialog box and the
BUG-1347808] On dialogs, some fields became impossible
to select or change when using Firefox. It has been fixed.
Patch-1357445] Add support for DIV in the Format drop-down combo for Firefox.
BUG-1376175] The "Cell Properties" dialog now works correctly
when right-clicking in an object (image, for example) placed inside the cell itself.
Patch-1349166] On IE, there is now support for namespaces on tags names.
Patch-1350552] Fix the display issue when applying styles on tables.
Patch-1352320 ] Fixed a wrong usage of the "parentElement"
property on Gecko.
Patch-1355007] The new "FCKDebug.OutputObject" function is available
to dump all object information in the debug window.
Patch-1329500] It is now possible to delete table columns when clicking on a
TH cell of the column.
Patch-1315351] It is now possible to pass the image width and height to the
"SetUrl" function of the Flash dialog box.
Patch-1327384] TH tags are now correctly handled by the source code formatter
and the "FillEmptyBlocks" configuration option.
Patch-1327406] Fake borders are now displayed for TH elements on tables with
border set to 0. Also, on Firefox, it will now work even if the border attribute
is not defined and the borders are not dotted.
- Hidden fields now get rendered on Firefox.
- The BasePath is now included in the debugger URL to avoid problems when calling
it from plugins.
* This version has been partially sponsored by
New Features and Improvements:
- The new "Insert Page Break" command (for printing) has
- The editor package now has a root directory called "FCKeditor".
BUG-1326223] We are doing a little step back with this version.
The ENTER and BACKSPACE behavior changes for Firefox have been remove. It is a nice
feature, but we need much more testing on it. It introduced some bugs and so
its preferable to not have that feature, avoiding problems (even if that feature
was intended to solve some issues).
BUG-1275714] Comments in the beginning of the source are now preserved when
using the "undo" and "redo" commands.
- The "undo" and "redo" commands now work for the Style command.
- An error in the execution of the pasting commands on Firefox has been fixed.
BUG-1326184] No strange (invalid) entities are created when using Firefox. Also,
the used by the FillEmptyBlocks setting is maintained even if you disable
the ProcessHTMLEntities setting.
* This version has been partially sponsored by
Acctive Software S.A..
New Features and Improvements:
BUG-1200328] The editor now offers a way to "protect" part of the
source to remain untouched while editing or changing views. Just use the "FCKConfig.ProtectedSource"
object to configure it and customize to your needs. It is based on regular expressions.
See fckconfig.js for some samples.
- The editor now offers native support for Lasso. Thanks and welcome to
our new developer Jason Huck.
- New language files are available:
- Faraose (by Símin Lassaberg and Helgi Arnthorsson)
- Malay (by Fairul Izham Mohd Mokhlas)
- Mongolian (by Lkamtseren Odonbaatar)
- Vietnamese (by Phan Binh Giang)
- A new configurable ColdFusion connector is available. Thanks to Mark Woods.
Many enhancements has been introduced with it.
- The PHP connector for the default File Browser now sorts the folders and files names.
BUG-1282758] In the PHP connector it is now possible to set the absolute
(server) path to the User Files directory, avoiding problems with Virtual Directories,
Symbolic Links or Aliases. Take a look at the config.php file.
- The ASP.Net uploader (for Quick Uploads) has been added to the package.
- A new way to define simple "combo" toolbar items , like
Style and Font, has been introduced. Thanks to Steve Lineberry. See
sample06.html and the "simplecommands" plugin to fully understand
- A new test case has been added that shows how to set the editor background dynamically
without using a CSS.
BUG-1216332] The "AutoDetectPasteFromWord" configuration option
is back (IE only feature).
- The new "OnAfterLinkedFieldUpdate" event has been introduced. If
is fired when the editor updates its hidden associated field.
- Attention: The color of the right border of the toolbar (left on RTL interfaces)
has been moved from code to the CSS (TB_SideBorder class). Update your custom skins.
- A sample "htaccess.txt" file has been added to the editor's package
to show how to configure some Linux sites that could present problems on Firefox
with "Illegal characters" errors. Respectively the "ï»¿"
value "fcksource=true" to load the editor using the source files (located
in the _source directory) instead of the compressed ones. Thanks to Kae Verens for
Feature-1246623] The new configuration option "ForceStrongEm" has
been introduced so you can force the editor to convert all <B> and <I>
tags to <STRONG> and <EM> respectively.
- A nice contribution has been done by Goss Interactive Ltd:
BUG-1246949] Implemented ENTER key and BACKSPACE key handlers for Gecko so that
P tags (or an appropriate block element) get inserted instead of BR tags when not
in the UseBROnCarriageReturn config mode.
The ENTER key handling has been written to function much the same as the ENTER key
handling on IE : as soon as the ENTER key is pressed, existing content will be wrapped
with a suitable block element (P tag) as appropriate and a new block element (P
tag) will be started.
The ENTER key handler also caters for pressing ENTER within empty list items - ENTER
in an empty item at the top of a list will remove that list item and start a new
P tag above the list; ENTER in an empty item at the bottom of a list will remove
that list item and start a new P tag below the list; ENTER in an empty item in the
middle of a list will remove that list item, split the list into two, and start
a new P tag between the two lists.
- Any tables that are found to be incorrectly nested within a block element (P tag)
will be moved out of the block element when loaded into the editor. This is required
for the new ENTER/BACKSPACE key handlers and it also avoids non-compliant HTML.
- The InsertOrderedList and InsertUnorderedList commands have been overridden on Gecko
to ensure that block elements (P tags) are placed around a list item's content when
it is moved out of the list due to clicking on the editor's list toolbar buttons
(when not in the UseBROnCarriageReturn config mode).
BUG-1265520] Due to changes on version 2.0, the anchor list was not anymore
visible in the link dialog window. It has been fixed.
BUG-1303949] Due to a bug on Firefox, some keys stopped working
on startup over Firefox. It has been fixed.
BUG-1251373 ] The above fix also has corrected some strange behaviors on
BUG-1092081] The File Browsers now run on the same server session used
in the page where the editor is placed in (IE issue). Thanks to Simone Chiaretta.
BUG-1305619 ] No more repeated login dialogs when running the editor with Windows
Integrated Security with IIS.
Patch-1245304] The Test Case 004 is now working correctly. It has been changed
to set the editor hidden at startup.
BUG-1290610 ] Over HTTPS, there were some warnings when loading the Images,
Flash and Link dialogs. Fixed.
- Due to Gecko bugs, two errors were thrown when loading the editor in a hidden div.
Workarounds have been introduced. In any case, the testcase 004 hack is needed when
showing the editor (as in a tabbed interface).
- An invalid path in the dialogs CSS file has been corrected.
- On IE, the Undo/Redo can now be controlled using the Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y shortcut
BUG-1295538 ] A few Undo/Redo fixes for IE have been done.
BUG-1247070] On Gecko, it is now possible to use the shortcut keys for Bold
(CTRL+B), Italic (CTRL+I) and Underline (CTRL+U), like in IE.
BUG-1274303] The "Insert Column" command is now working correctly
on TH cells. It also copies any attribute applied to the source cells.
Patch-1287070 ] In the Universal Keyboard, the Arabic keystrokes translator
is now working with Firefox. Thanks again to Abdul-Aziz Al-Oraij.
- The editor now handles AJAX requests with HTTP status 304.
BUG-1229077] Weird comments are now handled correctly (ignored on some cases).
BUG-1155774] A spelling error in the Bulleted List Properties dialog has been
BUG-1272018] The ampersand character can now be added from the Special Chars
BUG-1263161] A small fix has been applied to the sampleposteddata.php file.
Thanks to Mike Wallace.
BUG-1241504] The editor now looks also for the ID of the hidden linked field.
- The caption property on tables is now working on Gecko. Thanks to Helen Somers (Goss
BUG-1297431] With IE, the editor now works locally when its files are placed
in a directory path that contains spaces.
BUG-1242105] On IE, some features are dependant of ActiveX components (secure...
distributed with IE itself). Some security setting could avoid the usage of
those components and the editor would stop working. Now a message is shown, indicating
the use the minimum necessary settings need by the editor to run.
BUG-1298880] Firefox can't handle the STRONG and EM tags. Those tags are now
converted to B and I so it works accordingly.
BUG-1271723] On IE, it is now possible to select the text and work correctly
in the contents of absolute positioned/dimensioned divs.
- On IE, there is no need to click twice in the editor to activate the cursor
in the editing area.
BUG-1221621] Many "warnings" in the Firefox console are not thrown
BUG-1295526] While editing on "FullPage" mode the basehref is
now active for CSS "link" tags.
Patch-1222584] A small fix to the PHP connector has been applied.
Patch-1281313] A few small changes to avoid problems with Plone. Thanks to Jean-mat.
BUG-1275911] A check for double dots sequences on directory names on creation
has been introduced to the PHP and ASP connectors.
New Features and Improvements:
- The new "Flash" command is available. Now you can
easily handle Flash content, over IE and Gecko, including server browser integration
and context menu support. Due to limitations of the browsers, it is not possible
to see the preview of the movie while editing, so a nice "placeholder"
is used instead. *
- A "Quick Upload " option is now available in the
link, image and flash dialog windows, so the user don't need to go (or have) the
File Browser for this operations. The ASP and PHP uploader are included. Take
a look at the configuration file.***
- Added support for Active FoxPro Pages . Thanks to our new developer,
- It is now possible to disable the size handles for images and tables
(IE only feature). Take a look at the DisableImageHandles and DisableTableHandles
- The handles on form fields (small squares around them) and the inline editing
of its contents have been disabled. This makes it easier to users to use
- A much better support for Word pasting operations has been introduced. Now it uses
a dialog box, in this way we have better results and more control.**
Patch-1225372] A small change has been done to the PHP integration file. The
generic __construct constructor has been added for better PHP 5 sub-classing compatibility
(backward compatible). Thanks to Marcus Bointon.
- ATTENTION: Some security changes have been made to the connectors. Now you must
explicitly enable the connector you want to use. Please test your application before
deploying this update.
BUG-1204273] The connectors have been changed so it is not possible to use
".." on directory names.
BUG-1205442] There was an error in the page unload on some cases
that has been fixed.
BUG-1214125] The undo on IE is now working correctly when the user starts
- The preview now loads "Full Page" editing correctly. It also uses the
same XHTML code produced by the final output.
- The "Templates" dialog was not working on some very specific (and strange)
occasions over IE.
BUG-1171944] A new option is available to avoid a bad IE behavior that shows
the horizontal scrollbar even when not needed. You can now force the vertical scrollbar
to be always visible. Just set the "IEForceVScroll" configuration option
to "true". Thanks to Grant Bartlett.
BUG-1199824] An error in the Packager has been corrected.
BUG-1163669] The XHTML processor now adds a space before the closing slash of
tags that don't have a closing tag, like <br />.
BUG-1187936 ] Now, on Gecko, the source is opened in a
dialog window to avoid fatal errors (Gecko bugs).
- Some pages have been changed to avoid importing errors on Plone. Thanks to Arthur
BUG-1171606] There is a bug on IE that makes the editor to not work if
the instance name matches a meta tag name. Fixed.
- On Firefox, the source code is now opened in a dialog box, to avoid error on pages
with more than one editor.
BUG-1214941] The "ForcePasteAsPlainText" configuration option
is now working correctly on Gecko browsers. Thanks to Manuel Polo.
BUG-1228836] The "Show Table Borders" feature is now working on Gecko
BUG-1212517] The default File Browser now accepts connectors with querystring
parameters (with "?"). Thanks to Tomas Jucius.
BUG-1229696] A regular expression has been escaped to avoid problems when opening
the code in some editors. It has been moved to a dialog window.
BUG-1228939] The Preview window is now using the Content Type and Base href.
BUG-1232056] The anchor icon is now working correctly on IE.
BUG-1202468] The anchor icon is now available on Gecko too.
BUG-1236279] A security warning has been corrected when using the File Browser
- The ASP implementation now avoid errors when setting the editor value to null values.
BUG-1237359] The trailing <BR> added by Gecko at the end of the source
is now removed.
BUG-1170828] No more is added to the source when using the "New
BUG-1165264] A new configuration option has been included to force the
editor to ignore empty paragraph values (<p> </p>), returning
- No more is added when creating a table or adding columns, rows or cells.
- The <TD> tags are now included in the FillEmptyBlocks configuration handling.
BUG-1224829] A small bug in the "Find" dialog has been fixed.
BUG-1221307] A small bug in the "Image" dialog has been fixed.
BUG-1178473] It is handling the <FORM>, <TEXTAREA> and <SELECT>
tags "name" attribute correctly. Thanks to thc33.
BUG-1205403] The checkbox and radio button values are now handled correctly
in their dialog windows. Thanks to thc33.
BUG-1236626] The toolbar now doesn't need to collapse when unloading the page
BUG-1017231] The "Save" button now calls the "onsubmit"
event before posting the form. The submit can be cancelled if the onsubmit returns
BUG-1215823] The editor now works correctly on Firefox if it values is set to
BUG-1217546] No error is thrown when "pasting as plain text" and no
text is available for pasting (as an image for example).
BUG-1223978] The context menu is now available in the source view.
BUG-1213871] Undo has been added to table creation and table operation commands.
BUG-1229941] Small bug in the mcpuk file browser have been corrected.
* This version has been partially sponsored by
Infineon Technologies AG.
** This version has been partially sponsored by
Visualsoft Web Solutions.
*** This version has been partially sponsored by
Web Crossing, Inc.
Version 2.0 FC (Final Candidate)
New Features and Improvements:
- A new tab called "Link" is available in the Image
Dialog window. In this way you can insert or modify the image link directly
from that dialog.*
- The new "Templates" command is now available. Now the
user can select from a list of pre-build HTML and fill the editor with it. Take
a look at the "_docs" for more info.**
- The mcpuk's File Browser for
PHP has been included in the package. He became the official developer of the File
Manager for FCKeditor, so we can expect good news in the future.
- New configuration options are available to hide tabs from the
Image Dialog and Link Dialog windows: LinkDlgHideTarget,
LinkDlgHideAdvanced, ImageDlgHideLink and ImageDlgHideAdvanced.
BUG-1185905] It is now possible to configure the editor to not convert Greek
or special Latin letters to ther specific HTML entities. You
can also configure it to not convert any character at all. Take a look at the "ProcessHTMLEntities",
"IncludeLatinEntities" and "IncludeGreekEntities" configuration
- New language files are available:
- Basque (by Ibon Igartua)
- English (Australia / United Kingdom) (by Christopher Dawes)
- Ukrainian (by Alexander Pervak)
- The version and date information have been removed from the files headers to avoid
unecessary diffs in source control systems when new versions are released (from
Patch-1159854] Ther HTML output rendered by the server side integration files
are now XHTML compatible.
BUG-1181823] It is now possible to set the desired DOCTYPE to use when edit
HTML fragments (not in Full Page mode).
- There is now an optional way to implement different "mouse over" effects
to the buttons when they are "on" of "off".
* This version has been partially sponsored by the
** This version has been partially sponsored by
Infineon Technologies AG.
Version 2.0 RC3 (Release Candidate 3)
New Features and Improvements:
- The editor now offers native Perl integration! Thanks and welcome
to Takashi Yamaguchi, our official Perl developer.
Feature-1112692] Formatting has been introduced to the
Source View. The output HTML can also be formatted. You can choose
to use spaces or tab for indentation. See the configuration file.
Feature-784281] It is now possible to edit full HTML pages
with the editor. Use the "FullPage" configuration setting to activate
- The new toolbar command, "Document Properties" is
available to edit document header info, title, colors, background, etc... Full page
editing must be enabled.
Feature-1151448] Spell Check is now available. You can use
ieSpell or Speller Pages right from FCKeditor.
More info about configuration can be found in the _docs folder.
Feature-1124602] New "Insert Anchor" command
has been introduced. (The anchor icon is visible only over IE for now).
Feature-1123816] It is now possible to configure the editor to show "fake"
table borders when the border size is set to zero. (It is working only
on IE for now).
- Numbered and Bulleted lists can now be
configured . Just right click on then.
Feature-1149808] A new configuration setting is available, "BaseHref
", to set the URL used to resolve relative links.
- It is now possible to set the content language direction .
See the "FCKConfig.ContentLangDirection" configurations setting.
- All Field Commands available on version 1.6 have been upgraded
and included in this version: form, checkbox,
radio button, text field, text area,
select field, button, image button
and hidden field .
- Context menu options (right-click) has been added for:
anchors, select field, textarea,
checkbox, radio button, text field,
hidden field, textarea, button,
image button, form, bulleted list
and numbered list .
- The "Universal Keyboard" has been converted from version
1.6 to this one and it's now available.
- It is now possible to configure the items to be shown in the
context menu . Just use the FCKConfig.ContextMenu option at fckconfig.js.
- A new configuration (FillEmptyBlocks) is available to force the editor to
automatically insert a on empty block elements (p, div, pre,
h1, etc...) to avoid differences from the editing and the final result. (Actually,
the editor automatically "grows" empty elements to make the user able
to enter text on it). Attention: the extra will be added when switching
from WYSIWYG to Source View, so the user may see an additional space on empty blocks.
(XHTML support must be enabled).
- It is now possible to configure the toolbar to "break
" between two toolbar strips. Just insert a "/" between then. Take
a look at fckconfig.js for a sample.
- New Language files are available:
- Brazilian Portuguese (by Carlos Alberto Tomatis Loth)
- Bulgarian (by Miroslav Ivanov)
- Esperanto (by Tim Morley)
- Galician (by Fernando Riveiro Lopez)
- Japanese ( by Takashi Yamaguchi)
- Persian (by Hamed Taj-Abadi)
- Romanian (by Adrian Nicoara)
- Slovak (by Gabriel Kiss)
- Thai (by Audy Charin Arsakit)
- Turkish (by Reha Biçer)
- The Chinese Traditional has been set as the default (zn) instead of zn-tw.
- Warning: All toolbar image images have been changed. The "button." prefix
has been removed. If you have your custom skin, please rename your files.
- A new plugin is available in the package: "Placeholders".
In this way you can insert non editable tags in your document to be processed on
server side (very specific usage).
- The ASPX files are no longer available in this package. They have been moved to
the FCKeditor.Net package. In this way the ASP.Net integration is much better organized.
- The FCKeditor.Packager program is now part of the main package. It is not anymore distributed
- The PHP connector now sets the uploaded file permissions (chmod) to 0777.
Patch-1090215] It's now possible to give back more info from your custom image
browser calling the SetUrl( url [, width] [, height] [, alt] ). Thanks to Ben Noblet.
- The package files now maintain their original "Last Modified" date, so
incremental FTP uploads can be used to update to new versions of the editor
(from now on).
- The "Source" view now forces its contents to be written in "Left
to Right" direction even when the editor interface language is running a RTL
language (like Arabic, Hebrew or Persian).
BUG-1100408] The editor now works correctly when starting with an
empty value and switching to the Source mode.
BUG-1101808] The problem with the scrollbar and the toolbar combos (Style,
Font, etc...) over Mac has been fixed.
BUG-1092395] A new upload class has been included for the ASP File
Manager Connector. It uses the "ADODB.Stream" object. Many thanks to "NetRube".
- I small correction has been made to the ColdFusion integration files. Thanks to
- There was a very specific problem when the editor was running over a FRAME executed
on another domain.
- The performance problem on Gecko while typing quickly has been solved.
- The <br type= "_moz">is not anymore shown on XHTML source.
- It has been introduced a mechanism to avoid automatic contents duplication on very
specific occasions (bad formatted HTML).
BUG-1118803 ] Other issues in the XHTML processor have been solved.
BUG-1143969] The editor now accepts the "accept-charset" attribute
in the FORM tag (IE specific bug).
BUG-1089548 ] Now, the contents of the SCRIPT and STYLE tags remain untouched.
BUG-1114748] The PHP File Manager Connector now sets the new folders permissions
(chmod) to 0777 correctly.
- The PHP File Manager Connector now has a configuration file (editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/php/config.php)
to set some security preferences.
- The ASP File Manager Connector now has a configuration file (editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/asp/config.asp)
to set some security preferences.
- A small bug in the toolbar rendering (strips auto position) has been corrected.
BUG-1096307] The configurations are now encoded so a user can use
values that has special chars (&=/).
BUG-1088220] PHP samples now use PHP_SELF to automatically discover
the editor's base path.
- Some small wrapping problems with some labels in the Image and Table dialog windows
have been fixed.
- All .js files are now encoded in UTF-8 format with the BOM (byte order mask) to
avoid some errors on specific Linux installations.
BUG-1114449] The editor packager program has been modified so now it is possible
to use the source files to run the editor as described in the documentation. The
new packager must be downloaded.
- A small problem with the editor focus while in source mode has been corrected.
Thanks to Eric (ric1607).
BUG-1082433] No more IFRAMEs without src attribute. Now it points
to a blank page located in the editor's package. In this way we avoid security warnings
when using the editor over HTTPS. Thanks to Guillermo Bozovich.
BUG-1117779] The editor now works well if you have more than one element named
"submit" on its form (even if it is not correct to have this situation).
- The XHTML processor was duplicating the text on some specific situation. It has
Patch-1098929] With ASP, the editor now works correctly on pages using "Option
Explicit". Thanks to Ben Noblet.
BUG-966130] The editor was not working with old IE 5.5 browsers. There
was a problem with the XML parser. It has been fixed.
- The localization engine is now working correctly over IE 5.5 browsers.
- Some commands where not working well over IE 5.5 (emoticons, image,...). It has
BUG-1149777] The editor now uses the TEXTAREA id in the ReplaceTextarea
function. If the id is now found, it uses the "name". The docs have been
BUG-1144297] Some corrections have been made to the Dutch language file. Thanks
to Erwin Dondorp.
BUG-1102907] There is no problem now to start the editor with values
like "<div></div>" or "<p></p>".
BUG-1041861] The click on the disabled options in the Context Menu has no
BUG-1095312] Some problems when setting the editor source to very specific
values has been fixed.
BUG-1077609] The editor now runs correctly if called directly (locally) without
a server installation (just opening the HTML sample files).
BUG-1088248] The editor now uses a different method to load its contents. In
this way the URLs remain untouched.
- The PHP integration file now detects Internet Explorer 5.5 correctly.
Version 2.0 RC2 (Release Candidate 2)
Feature-1083200] A new dialog window for the table cell properties
is now available (right-click).
Feature-1042034] The new "Split Cell ", to split
a table cell in two columns, has been introduced (right-click).
Feature-1042034] The new "Merge Cells", to merge
table cells (in the same row), has been introduced (right-click).
- The "fake" TAB key support (available by default over
Gecko browsers is now available over IE too. You can set the number of spaces to
add setting the FCKConfig.TabSpaces configuration setting. Set it to 0 (zero) to
disable this feature (IE).
- It now possible to tell IE to send a <BR> when the user presses
the Enter key. Take a look at the FCKConfig.UseBROnCarriageReturn
Feature-1085422] ColdFusion: The File Manager connector
is now available! (Thanks to Hendrik Kramer).
- The editor is now available in 29 languages! The new language files
Feature-1067775] Chinese Simplified and Traditional (Taiwan
and Hong Kong) (by NetRube).
- Czech (by David Horák).
- Danish (by Jesper Michelsen).
- Dutch (by Bram Crins).
- German (by Maik Unruh).
- Portuguese (Portugal) (by Francisco Pereira).
- Russian (by Andrey Grebnev).
- Slovenian (by Boris Volaric).
- Updates to the French language files (by Hubert Garrido).
BUG-1037404] Many small bugs in the XHTML processor
has been corrected (workarounds to browser specific bugs). These are some things
to consider regarding the changes:
BUG-1083744] On Gecko browsers, any element attribute that the name starts with
"_moz" will be ignored.
BUG-1060073] The <STYLE> and <SCRIPT> elements contents will be
handled as is, without CDATA tag surrounding. This may break XHTML validation. In
any case the use of external files for scripts and styles is recommended (W3C recommendation).
BUG-999792] URLs now remain untouched when initializing the editor or
switching from WYSYWYG to Source and vice versa.
BUG-1082323] The problem in the ASP and PHP connectors when handling non
"strange" chars in file names has been corrected.
BUG-1076796] Some bugs in the PHP connector have been corrected.
- A problem with the "Format" command on IE browsers on languages different
of English has been solved. The negative side of this correction is that due to
a IE bad design it is not possible to update the "Format" combo while
moving throw the text (context sensitive).
- On Gecko browsers, when selecting an image and executing the "New Page"
command, the image handles still appear, even if the image is not available anymore
(this is a Gecko bug). When clicking in a "phanton" randle, the browser
crashes. It doesn't happen (the crash) anymore.
BUG-1082197] On ASP, the bug in the browser detection system for Gecko browsers
has been corrected. Thanks to Alex Varga.
- Again on ASP, the browser detection for IE had some problems on servers that use
comma for decimal separators on numbers. It has been corrected. Thanks to Agrotic.
- No error is thrown now when non existing language is configured in the
editor. The English language file is loaded in that case.
BUG-1077747] The missing images on the Office2003 and Silver skins are now included
in the package.
- On some Gecko browsers, the dialog window was not loading correctly. I couldn't
reproduce the problem, but a fix has been applied based on users tests.
BUG-1004078] ColdFusion: The "config" structure/hash table with keys
and values is in ColdFusion not(!) case sensitive. All keys returned by ColdFusion
are in upper case format. Because the FCKeditor configuration keys must be case
sensitive, we had to match all structure/hash keys with a list of the correct configuration
names in mixed case. This has been added to the fckeditor.cfc and fckeditor.cfm.
BUG-1075166] ColdFusion: The "fallback" variant of the texteditor
(<textarea>) has a bug in the fckeditor.cfm. This has been fixed.
- A typo in the Polish language file has been corrected. Thanks to Pawel Tomicki.
BUG-1086370] A small coding type in the Link dialog window has been corrected.
Version 2.0 RC1 (Release Candidate 1)
- ASP support is now available (including the File Manager connector).
- PHP support is now available (including the File Manager connector).
Feature-1063217] The new advanced Style command is available
in the toolbar: full preview, context sensitive, style definitions are loaded from
a XML file (see documentation for more instructions).
- The Font Format, Font Name and Font Size
toolbar command now show a preview of the available options.
- The new Find and Replace features has been introduced.
- A new Plug-in system has been developed. Now it is quite easy to
customize the editor to your needs. (Take a look at the html/sample06.html file).
- The editor now handles HTML entities in the right way (XHTML support
must be set to "true"). It handles all entities defined in the W3C XHTML
- A new "_docs" folder has been introduced for the documentation.
It is not yet complete, but I hope the community will help us to fill it better.
- It is now possible (even if it is not recommended by the W3C) to force the use of
simple ampersands (&) on attributes (like the links href) instead of its entity
&. Just set FCKConfig.ForceSimpleAmpersand = true in the configuration
Feature-1026866] The "EditorAreaCSS" configuration
option has been introduced. In this way you can set the CSS to use in the editor
- The editing area is not anymore clipped if the toolbar is too large and exceeds
the window width.
BUG-1033933] The editor interface is now completely localizable.
The version ships with 19 languages including: Arabic, Bosnian, Catalan,
English, Spanish, Estonian, Finnish, French,
Greek, Hebrew, Croatian, Italian, Korean, Lithuanian,
Norwegian, Polish, Serbian (Cyrillic),
Serbian (Latin) and Swedish.
BUG-1027858] Firefox 1.0 PR introduced a bug that made the editor
stop working on it. A workaround has been developed to fix the problem.
- There was a positioning problem over IE with the color panel. It has been corrected.
BUG-1064498] The combo commands in the toolbar were not opening
in the right way. It has been fixed.
BUG-1018296] The toolbar buttons icons were not showing on some IE and
Firefox/Mac installations. It has been fixed.
BUG-1054621] Color pickers are now working with the "office2003" and
BUG-1054108] IE doesn’t recognize the "'" entity for
apostrophes, so a workaround has been developed to replace it with "'"
(its numeric entity representation).
BUG-1072496] The problem with elements with name "submit"
inside the editor's form has been solved.
BUG-1018743] The problem with Gecko when collapsing the toolbar while in source
mode has been fixed.
BUG-1034354] The XHTML processor now doesn’t use the minimized tag
syntax (like <br/>) for empty elements that are not marked as EMPTY in the
W3C XHTML DTD specifications.
BUG-1046500] Due to a bug on Gecko there was a problem when creating links.
It has been fixed.
BUG-999792] The editor now handles relative URLs in IE. In effect IE transform
all relative URLs to absolute links, pointing to the site the editor is running.
So now the editor removes the protocol and host part of the link if it matches the
BUG-1071824] The color dialog box bug has been fixed.
BUG-1025978] The editor now doesn’t throw an error if no selection
was made and the create link command is used.
BUG-1036756] The XHTML processor has been reviewed.
BUG-1029101] The Paste from Word feature is working correctly.
BUG-1034623] There is an IE bug when setting the editor value to "<p><hr></p>".
A workaround has been developed.
BUG-1052695] There are some rendering differences between Netscape and Mozilla.
(Actually that is a bug on both browsers). A workaround has been developed to solve
BUG-1050394] The editor doesn’t throw errors when hidden.
BUG-1066321] Scrollbars should not appear on dialog boxes (at least for the
Image and Link ones).
BUG-1046490] Dialogs now are forced to show on foreground over Mac.
BUG-1073955] A small bug in the image dialog window has been corrected.
BUG-1049534] The Resources Browser window is now working well over Gecko browsers.
BUG-1036675] The Resources Browser window now displays the server error on bad
Version 2.0 Beta 2
- There is a new configuration - "GeckoUseSPAN" - that
can be used to tell Gecko browsers to use <SPAN style...> or <B>, <I>
and <U> for the bold, italic and underline commands.
Feature-1002622] New Text Color and Background Color
commands have been added to the editor.
- On Gecko browsers, a message is shown when, because of security settings, the
user is not able to cut, copy or paste data from the clipboard using the
toolbar buttons or the context menu.
- The new "Paste as Plain Text " command has been introduced.
- The new "Paste from Word " command has been introduced.
- A new configuration named "StartupFocus" can be used to tell the
editor to get the focus when the page is loaded.
- All Java integration files has been moved to a new separated package.
BUG-1016781] Table operations are now working when right click
inside a table. The following commands has been introduced: Insert Row,
Delete Row, Insert Column, Delete Column,
Insert Cell and Delete Cells .
BUG-977713] XHTML support was not working with FireFox, blocking the
editor when submitting data. It has been fixed.
BUG-1007547 ] [SF
BUG-974595 ] The "FCKLang not defined" error when loading
has been fixed.
BUG-1021028] If the editor doesn't have the focus, some commands were been executed
outside the editor in the place where the focus is. It has been fixed.
BUG-981191] We are now using <!--- ---> for ColdFusion comments.
Version 2.0 Beta 1
This is the first beta of the 2.x series. It brings a lot of new and important things.
Beta versions will be released until all features available on version 1.x will
be introduced in the 2.0.
Note: As it is a beta, it is not yet completely developed. Future
versions can bring new features that can break backward compatibility with this
- Gecko browsers (Mozilla and Netscape) support.
- Quick startup response times.
- Complete XHTML 1.0 support.
- Advanced link dialog box:
- Target selection.
- Popup configurator.
- E-Mail link.
- Anchor selector.
- New File Manager.
- New dialog box system, with tabbed dialogs support.
- New context menus with icons.
- New toolbar with "expand/collapse" feature.
- Skins support.
- Right to left languages support.
BUG-812733] There was a problem when the user tried to delete the last row,
collumn or cell in a table. It has been corrected.*
- New Estonian language file. Thanks to Kristjan Kivikangur
- New Croatian language file. Thanks to Alex Varga.
- Updated language file for Czech. Thanks to Plachow.
- Updated language file for Chineze (zh-cn). Thanks to Yanglin.
- Updated language file for Catalan. Thanks to Jordi Cerdan.
* This version has been partially sponsored by Genuitec,
- Context Menu support for form elements.*
- New "Selection Field" command with advanced dialog box
for options definitions.*
- New "Image Button" command is available.*
Feature-936196] Many form elements bugs has been fixed and
many improvements has been done.*
- New Java Integration Module. There is a complete Java API and Tag
Library implementations. Take a look at the _jsp directory. Thanks to Simone Chiaretta
and Hao Jiang.
- The Word Spell Checker can be used. To be able to run it, your
browser security configuration "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not
marked as safe" must be set to "Enable" or "Prompt". And
easier and more secure way to do that is to add your site in the list of trusted
sites. IeSpell can still be used. Take a look at the fck_config.js file for some
configuration options. Thanks to EdwardRF.
Feature-880684] New "Anchor" command, including
context menu support. Thanks to G.Meijer.
- Special characters are replaced with their decimal HTML entities when the XHMTL
support is enabled (only over IE5.5+).
- New Office 2003 Style toolbar icons are available. Just uncomment
the config.ToolbarImagesPath key in the fck_config.js file. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz
A. Al-Oraij. Attention: the default toolbar items have been moved
to the "images/toolbar/default" directory.
Patch-934566] Double click support for Images, Tables, Links,
Anchors and all Form elements. Thanks to Top Man.
- New "New Page" command to start a typing from scratch.
Thanks to Abdul-Aziz A. Al-Oraij.
- New "Replace" command. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz A. Al-Oraij.
- New "Advanced Font Style" command. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz
Feature-738193] New "Save" command. It can be used
to simulate a save action, but in fact it just submits the form where the editor
is placed in. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz A. Al-Oraij.
- New "Universal Keyboard" command. This 22 charsets are
available: Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, French,
Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Diacritical, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Serbian
(Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Spanish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese. Includes
a keystroke listener to type Arabic on none Arabic OS or machine. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz
Patch-935358] New "Preview" command. Context menu
option is included and can be deactivated throw the config.ShowPreviewContextMenu
configuration. Thanks to Ben Ramsey.
- New "Table Auto Format" context menu command. Hack a
little the fck_config.js and the fck_editorarea.css files. Thanks to Alexandros
- New "Bulleted List Properties " context menu to define
its type and class. Thanks to Alexandros Lezos.
- The image dialog box has been a redesigned . Thanks
to Mark Fierling.
- Images now always have the "alt" attribute set, even
when it's value is empty. Thanks to Andreas Barnet.
Patch-942250] You can set on fck_config.js to automatically clean Word
pasting operations without a user confirmation.
- Forms element dialogs and other localization pending labels has been updated.
- A new Lithuanian language file is available. Thanks to Tauras Paliulis.
- A new Hebrew language file is available. Thanks to Ophir Radnitz.
- A new Serbian language file is available. Thanks to Zoran Subic.
- Danish language file updates. Thanks to Flemming Jensen.
- Catalan language file updates. Thanks to Jordi Cerdan.
BUG-918716] Some languages files were not
the editor or making "undefined" to show on editor labels. This problem
- Updates on the testsubmit.php file. Thanks to Geat and Gabriel Schillaci
BUG-924620] There was a problem when setting a name to an editor instance when
the name is used by another tag. For example when using "description"
as the name in a page with the <META name="description"> tag.
BUG-935018] The "buletted" typo has been corrected.
BUG-902122] Wrong css and js file references have been corrected.
BUG-918942] All dialog boxes now accept Enter and Escape keys as Ok and Cancel
* This version has been partially sponsored by Genuitec,
Feature-913777] New Form Commands are now available! Special
thanks to G.Meijer.
Feature-861149] Print Command is now available!
BUG-743546] The XHTML content duplication problem has been
solved . Thanks to Paul Hutchison.
BUG-875853] The image dialog box now gives precedence for width
and height values set as styles. In this way a user can change the size of the image
directly inside the editor and the changes will be reflected in the dialog box.
Feature-788368] The sample file upload manager for ASPX now
uses guids for the file name generation. In this way a support
XML file is not needed anymore.
- It's possible now to programmatically change the Base Path of the
editor if it's installed in a directory different of "/FCKeditor/". Something
oFCKeditor.BasePath = '/FCKeditor/' ;
Take a look at the _test directory for samples.
- There was a little bug in the TAB feature that moved the insertion point if there
were any object (images, tables) in the content. It has been fixed.
- The problem with accented and international characters on the PHP
test page was solved.
- A new Chinese (Taiwan) language file is available. Thanks to Nil.
- A new Slovenian language file is available. Thanks to Pavel Rotar.
- A new Catalan language file is available. Thanks to Jordi Cerdan.
- A new Arabic language file is available. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz A.
- Small corrections on the Norwegian language file.
- A Java version for the test results (testsubmit.jsp) is now available. Thanks to
will be available on version 2.0.
- If XHTML is enabled the editor cleans the HTML before showing it
on the Source View, so the exact result can be viewed by the user. This option can
be activated setting config.EnableSourceXHTML = true in the fck_config.js file.
- The JS integration object now escapes all configuration settings,
in this way a user can use reserved chars on it. For example:
oFCKeditor.Config["ImageBrowserURL"] = '/imgs/browse.asp?filter=abc*.jpg&userid=1';
- A minimal browse server sample is now available in ASP. Thanks to Andreas Barnet.
- ATTENTION: For PHP users: The editor was changed and now uses
htmlspecialchars instead of htmlentities when handling
the initial value. It should works well, but please make some tests before upgrading
definitively. If there is any problem just uncomment the line in the fckeditor.php
file (and send me a message!).
- The editor is now integrated with ieSpell (http://www.iespell.com)
for Spell Checking. You can configure the download URL in then
fck_config.js file. Thanks to Sanjay Sharma. (ieSpell is free for personal use but
must be paid for commercial use)
- Table and table cell dialogs has been changed.
Now you can select the class you want to be applied. Thanks to
Feature-865378]A new upload support is available for ASP. It
uses the /UserImages/ folder in the root of the web site as the files container
and a counter controlled by the upload.cnt file. Both must have write permissions
set to the IUSR_xxx user. Thanks to Trax and Juanjo.
Patch-798128] The user (programmer) can now define a custom separator
for the list items of a combo in the toolbar. Thanks to Wulff D. Heiss.
Patch-869389] A minimal support for a “fake” TAB is now available,
even if HTML has no support for TAB. Now when the user presses the TAB key a configurable
number of spaces ( ) is added. Take a look at config.TabSpaces on the fck_config.js
file. No action is performed if it is set to zero. The default value is 4. Thanks
to Phil Hassey.
BUG-790939] The problem with big images has been corrected. Thanks to Raver.
BUG-862975] Now the editor does nothing if no image is selected in the image
dialog box and the OK button is hit.
BUG-851609] The problem with ASP and null values has been solved.
- Norwegean language pack. Thanks to Martin Kronstad.
- Hungarian language pack. Thanks to Balázs Szabó.
- Bosnian language pack. Thanks to Trax.
- Japanese language pack. Thanks to Kato Yuichiro.
- Updates on the Polish language pack. Thanks to Norbert Neubauer.
- The Chinese (Taiwan) (zh-tw) has been removed from the package
because it's corrupt. I'm sorry. I hope someone could send me a good version soon.
- It's now possible to configure the editor the insert a <BR> tag instead
of <P> when the user presses the <Enter> key.
Take a look at the fck_config.js configuration file for the "UseBROnCarriageReturn"
key. This option is disabled by default.
- Icelandic language pack. Thanks to Andri Óskarsson.
BUG-853374] On IE 5.0 there was a little error introduced with version 1.3 on
initialization. It was corrected.
BUG-853372] On IE 5.0 there was a little error introduced with version 1.3 when
setting the focus in the editor. It was corrected.
- Minor errors on the language file for english has been corrected.
Thanks to Anders Madsen.
- Minor errors on the language file for danish has been corrected.
Thanks to Martin Johansen.
- Language support for Danish, Polish, Simple Chinese, Slovak, Swedish and
- Language updates for Romanian.
- It's now possible to override any of the editor's configurations
for a sample. I'm now waiting for the Community for the ASP, CFM and PHP versions.
- A new method is available for PHP users. It's called ReturnFCKeditor.
It works exactly like CreateFCKeditor, but it returns a string with the HTML
for the editor instead of output it (echo). This feature is useful for people who
are working with Smarty Templates or something like that. Thanks to Timothy J. Finucane.
- Many people have had problems with international characters over
PHP. I had also the same problem. PHP have strange problems with
character encoding. The code hasn't been changed but just saved again with Western
European encoding. Now it works well in my system.
Take a look also at the "default_charset" configuration option at the
php.ini file. It doesn't seem to be an editor's problem but a PHP issue.
- The "testsubmit.php" file now strips the "Magic
Quotes " that are automatically added by PHP on form posts.
- A new language integration module is available for ASP/Jscript.
Thanks to Dimiter Naydenov.
- New configuration options are available to customize the
Target combo box in the Insert/Modify Link dialog box.
Now you can hide it, or set which options are available in the combo box. Take a
look at the fck_config.js file.
- The Text as Plain Text toolbar icon has been changed
to avoid confusion with the Normal Paste or. Thanks to Kaupo Kalda.
- The file dhtmled.cab has been removed from the package. It's not
needed to the editor to work and caused some confusion for a few users.
- The editor's content now doesn't loose the focus
when the user clicks with the mouse in a toolbar button.
- On drag-and-drop operations the data to be inserted in the editor
is now converted to plain text when the "ForcePasteAsPlainText"
configuration is set to true.
- The image browser sample in PHP now sorts the files
by name. Thanks to Sergey Lupashko.
- Two new configuration options are available to turn on/off
by default the "Show Borders" and "Show
- Some characters have been removed from the "Insert
Special Chars" dialog box because they were causing encoding problems
in some languages. Thanks to Abomb Hua.
- JSP versions of the image and file upload and browsing
features. Thanks to Simone Chiaretta.
- Language support for Spanish, Finnish, Romanian and Korean.
- Language updates for German.
- New Zoom toolbar option. (Thanks
- Language support for French.
BUG-782779] Version 1.2 introduced a bug on the image dialog window: when changing
the image, no update was done. This bug is now fixed.
- Enhancements to the Word cleaning feature (Thanks to Karl von Randow).
- The Table dialog box now handles the Style width and height set
in the table (Thanks to Roberto Arruda). There where many problems on prior version
when people changed manually the table's size, dragging the size handles, and then
it was not possible to set a new size using the table dialog box.
- For the Image dialog box:
- No image is shown in the preview pane if no image has been set.
- If no HSpace is set in the image a "-1" value was shown in the dialog
box. Now, nothing is shown if the value is negative.
BUG-739630] Image with link lost the link when changing its properties. The
problem is solved.
- Due to some problems in the XHTML cleaning (content duplication when the source
HTML is dirty and malformed), the XHTML support is turned off by default
from this version. You can still change this behavior and turn it on in the configuration
- Some little updates on the English language file.
- A few addition of missing entries on all languages files (translations for these
changes are pending).
- Language files has been added for the following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br)
- Czech (cz)
- Dutch (nl)
- Russian (ru)
- Chinese (Taiwan) (zh-tw)
- Greek (gr)
- German (de)
- The "Multi Language" system is now available. This version
ships with English and Italian versions completed. Other languages will be available
soon. The editor automatically detects the client language and sets all labels,
tooltips and dialog boxes to it, if available. The auto detection and the default
language can be set in the fck_config.file.
- Two files can now be created to isolate customizations code from the original source
code of the editor: fckeditor.config.js and fckeditor.custom.js.
Create these files in the root folder of your web site, if needed. The first one
can be used to add or override configurations set on fck_config.js. The second one
is used for custom actions and behaviors.
- A problem with relative links and images like "/test/test.doc" has been
solved. In prior versions, only with XHTML support enabled, the URL was changed
to something like "http://www.mysite.xxx/test/test.doc" (The domain was
automatically added). Now the XHTML cleaning procedure gets the URLs exactly how
they are defined in the editor’s HTML.
BUG-742168] Mouse drag and drop from toolbar buttons has been disabled.
BUG-768210] HTML entities, like <, were not load correctly.
The problem is solved.
BUG-748812] The link dialog window doesn't open when the link button is grayed.
- Three new options are available in the configuration file to set what file types
are allowed / denied to be uploaded from the "Insert Link" and "Insert
Image" dialog boxes.
- Upload options, for links and images, are automatically hidden on IE 5.0 browsers
(it's not compatible).
- [SF BUG-734894] Fixed a problem on XHTML cleaning: the value on INPUT fields were
- [SF BUG-713797] Fixed some image dialog errors when trying to set image properties
when no image is available.
- [SF BUG-736414] Developed a workaround for a DHTML control bug when loading in the
editor some HTML started with <p><hr></p>.
- [SF BUG-737143] Paste from Word cleaning changed to solve some IE 5.0 errors. This
feature is still not available over IE 5.0.
- [SF BUG-737233] CSS mappings are now OK on the PHP image browser module.
- [SF BUG-737495] The image preview in the image dialog box is now working correctly.
- [SF BUG-737532] The editor automatically switches to WYSIWYG mode when the form
- [SF BUG-739571] The editor is now working well over Opera (as for Netscape, a TEXTAREA
Version 1.0 Final Candidate
- A new dialog box for the "Link" command is available. Now you can upload
and browse the server exactly like the image dialog box. It's also possible to define
the link title and target window (_blank, _self, _parent and _top). As with the
image dialog box, a sample (and simple) file server browser is available.
- A new configuration option is available to force every paste action to be handled
as plain text. See "config.ForcePasteAsPlainText" in fck_config.js.
- A new Toolbar button is available: "Paste from Word". It automatically
cleans the clipboard content before pasting (removesWord styles, classes, xml stuff,
etc...). This command is available for IE 5.5 and more. For IE 5.0 users, a message
is displayed advising that the text will not be cleaned before pasting.
- The editor automatically detects Word clipboard data on pasting operations and asks
the user to clean it before pasting. This option is turned on by default but it
can be configured. See "config.AutoDetectPasteFromWord" in fck_config.js.
- Table properties are now available in cells' right click context menu.
- It's now possible to edit cells advanced properties from it's right click context
Version 1.0 Release Candidate 1 (RC1)
- Some performance improvements.
- The file dhtmled.cab has been added to the package for clients ho needs to install
the Microsoft DHTML Editor component.
- [SF BUG-713952] The format command options are localized, so it depends on the IE
language to work. Until version 0.9.5 it was working only over English IE browsers.
Now the options are load dynamically on the client using the client's language.
- [SF BUG-712103] The style command is localized, so it depends on the IE language
to work. Until version 0.9.5 it was working only over English IE browsers. Now it
configures itself using the client's language.
- [SF BUG-726137] On version 0.9.5, some commands (special chars, image, emoticons,
...) remove the next available character before inserting the required content even
if no selection was made in the editor. Now the editor replaces only the selected
content (if available).
Version 0.9.5 beta
- XHTML support is now available! It can be enabled/disabled in the fck_config.js
- "Show Table Borders" option: show borders for tables with borders size
set to zero.
- "Show Details" option: show hidden elements (comments, scripts, paragraphs,
- IE behavior integration module. Thanks to Daniel Shryock.
- "Find" option: to find text in the document.
- More performance enhancements.
- New testsubmit.php file. Thansk to Jim Michaels.
- Two initial PHP upload manager implementations (not working yet). Thanks to Frederic
Tyndiuk and Christian Liljedahl.
- Initial PHP image browser implementation (not working yet). Thanks to Frederic Tyndiuk.
- Initial CFM upload manager implementation. Thanks to John Watson.
Version 0.9.4 beta
- ColdFusion module integration is now available! Thanks to John Watson.
- "Insert Smiley" toolbar option! Thanks to Fredox. Take a look at fck_config.js
for configuration options.
- "Paste as plain text" toolbar option!
- Right click support for links (edit / remove).
- Buttons now are shown in gray when disabled.
- Buttons are shown just when the image is downloaded (no more "red x" while
waiting for it).
- The toolbar background color can be set with a CSS style (see fck_editor.css).
- Toolbar images have been reviewed:
- Now they are transparent.
- No more over...gif for every button (so the editor loads quicker).
- Buttons states are controlled with CSS styles. (see fck_editor.css).
- Internet Explorer 5.0 compatibility, except for the image uploading popup.
- Optimizations when loading the editor.
- [SF BUG-709544] - Toolbar buttons wait for the images to be downloaded to start
watching and responding the user actions (turn buttons on/off when the user changes
position inside the editor).
anymore. Take a look in test.html.
- Two new configuration options, ImageBrowser and ImageUpload, are available to turn
on and off the image upload and image browsing options in the Image dialog box.
This options can be hidden for a specific editor instance throw specific URL parameter
in the editor’s IFRAME (upload=true/false&browse=true/false). All specific
language integration modules handle this option. For sample see the _test directory.